This post is was originally published on Investor Junkie
Acorns is one of the most popular microsavings platforms. It literally lets you turn your spare change into investments. For every purchase you make with a linked credit or debit card, it “rounds up” to the nearest dollar or other selected amount and micro-invests the difference.
This microsavings service offers other features, such as:
- Found Money — Every time you use your Acorns-linked debit or credit card at a select retailer, that retailer will invest a predetermined amount into your Acorns investing account.
- Round-Up Multiplier — Turbo-charge your Acorns savings account by setting a rule that, instead of just rounding up to the next dollar, you can multiply your extra investment by two, three or 10.
- Gift Cards — Gift your friends and family with the rewards of saving and investing with $25 Acorns cards.
- Acorns Later — Beginning in January 2018, Acorns users will be able to invest in a specially designed individual retirement account (IRA).
You can read our in-depth review here and check out how to maximize your account here. You can also see how Acorns stacks up against the competition (including Stash Invest) with our comparison guide here.
If you’ve enjoyed Acorns, why not share this microsavings service with your friends? The platform is currently hosting a special promotion whereby it will give you $5 for every friend who signs up for an account too.
Here’s what you have to do:
- Sign up for Acorns (if you haven’t already)
- Click the “Invite Friends” option at the bottom of Acorns menu
- Send the referral link to your friends!
You’ll receive your $5 in your Acorns account once each person you referred fully signs up and completes his or her account verification. And remember: The maximum amount you can receive from Acorns across all promotions is $100 per calendar year.